cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO SERVICE IN AREA I LIVE IN

Anonymous
Not applicable

I HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY O2 THAT THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT THE FACT THAT THEY DO NOT PROVIDE A SERVICE IN THE AREA I LIVE IN.  I HAVE HAD TO MOVE TO A NEW HOUSE AND I AM PAYING MY MONTHLY BILL FOR WHICH I GET NOTHING IN RETURN.  SURELY UNDER THE SUPPLY OF GOODS & SERVICES ACT 1982 O2 MUST PROVIDE THE SERVICES WITH REASONABLE CARE & SKILL....???  I PERMANENTLY HAVE 'NO SERVICE ON MY PHONE' I HAVE TO DRIVE ABOUT 8-10 MILES TO BE ABLE TO PICK UP MESSAGES/VOICEMAIL ETC.  I HAVE BEEN TOLD I CAN BUY MYSELF OUT OF MY CONTRACT WHICH ENDS NEXT APRIL

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 is under no obligation to provide a service to you if you've moved from an area that had service to an area that they don't cover. What they do provide is Tu, which you can use at home over WiFi and is free. Are you aware of that service?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Bottom line is that it's not O2's fault that you moved house.
I suggest you buy out which means you get to keep your phone then get a sim only deal from another supplier who covers your area.
Make sure you get your phone unlocked first though http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SI...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Presumably you had service when you took out the contract initially? Had to move house...ok, not a get out clause because you now have no service. Pay off the handset, end the airtime by giving 30 days notice and check which networks , if any, give a decent service where you now live, work and travel.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Anonymous O2 is under no obligation to provide a service to you if you've moved from an area that had service to an area that they don't cover. What they do provide is Tu, which you can use at home over WiFi and is free. Are you aware of that service?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4