Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

NO DISCOUNT for 5 years loyal O2 customers????

I am with O2 since 2006, i have called them 7-9 months ago to apply for a loyal discount. They said that they would give me a discount of 10-15 pounds off my tarrif. I called them again today and the said that they dont give any discounts.
I have asked them what do you do for your loyal customers in order to keep them? They started talking about bonus tarrifs and all, and i told them that even a new customer could get that. Then i asked the advisor why should i stay with O2 then? She started talking about the same bonus and airtime thing, which for me was absolutely waste a time and b***shit! :robotsurprised: (sorry for my words). What should i do then?
My upgrade is due on 11 March and i need an answer asap. I am really interested for an iphone 4 for my upgrade but i would like it with discount.
If there is someone from O2 here do smt or you are losing your customers! And i am expecting a really smart answer from you
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: NO DISCOUNT for 5 years loyal O2 customers????

I am with O2 since 2006, i have called them 7-9 months ago to apply for a loyal discount. They said that they would give me a discount of 10-15 pounds off my tarrif. I called them again today and the said that they dont give any discounts.
I have asked them what do you do for your loyal customers in order to keep them? They started talking about bonus tarrifs and all, and i told them that even a new customer could get that. Then i asked the advisor why should i stay with O2 then? She started talking about the same bonus and airtime thing, which for me was absolutely waste a time and b***not permitted! :robotsurprised: (sorry for my words). What should i do then?
My upgrade is due on 11 March and i need an answer asap. I am really interested for an iphone 4 for my upgrade but i would like it with discount.
If there is someone from O2 here do smt or you are losing your customers! And i am expecting a really smart answer from you

Leave!! Or pay up like the rest of us!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

It is annoying that phone companies don't do loyalty discounts like they used to, but - to be blunt - the kind of customers who'll only stay if their tariff is discounted down to cost price are the kind of customers they don't mind leaving.
As I understand it, they have a pretty hard and fast system where if you phone up asking for a discount, they look up what you've spent since you've been with them, then calculate how much it's worth to keep you. Pretty ruthless, but I hope it helps if you're trying to work out what discount you might be able to negotiate.
As everyone says here though, you and O2 don't owe each other any loyalty - always go with the best deal you can find, whoever it's with.
Highlighted
Topics: 25
Kudos: 275
Solutions: 39

Well you did ask 7-9 months ago and things change so you really can't expect them to hold out.
However, its well known (and discussed on here many times) since iphone inception there are no discounts available on them. Supply and demand: customers demand it and will pay the going rate without question so the networks can supply it on their terms rather than being dictated to by the customer.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have asked them what do you do for your loyal customers in order to keep them? They started talking about bonus tarrifs and all, and i told them that even a new customer could get that. Then i asked the advisor why should i stay with O2 then? She started talking about the same bonus and airtime thing, which for me was absolutely waste a time and b***not permitted! :robotsurprised: (sorry for my words). What should i do then?

Thought you were in favour of letting the end user demand a discount AF.
Highlighted
Anonymous

As stated elsewhere though the iPhone 4 is still in MASSIVE demand so a discount is going to be impossible-and that goes for ANY UK Network.
I will be leaving O2 at the earliest opportunity though, nothing to do with refusing to discount but because they see fit to unilaterally change Terms and Conditions to suit themselves.
I would have to take them O2 to court to enforce the fact they breached the Terms and Conditions of my contract by capping my Data Allowance to 500mb WITHOUT NOTICE!
Sadly I don't have the time nor the money to pursue them and have to write it all down to experience....
Highlighted
Anonymous

They didn't change your terms, you just never had unlimited data only a special offer while they changed the contract over. Not really their fault you didn't read up on it. Those of us who already had unlimited and haven't changed contract at all still have it.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thought you were in favour of letting the end user demand a discount AF.

I see the humour was lost on you once again. Read his last sentence, then read my comment.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree with Ms.Live about not owing loyalty, just go with the best deal out there.
In my opinion, Loyalty doesn't exist in the mobile phone network and here is my explanation why.
When i sign a contract, i am legally tied to this deal for the amount of time stated, so after lets say 24 months, i upgrade and again sign for 24 months, making it 4 years in total that i have been in a contract. Now, i wouldn't say that i was a loyal customer at all, i am basically somebody who thought that o2 was the best deal for me and i signed into a contract, because lets face it, you wouldnt sign up to a contract if it was 10 or 20 pounds per month cheaper somewhere else would you. Its not "Loyalty" its "Contractual obligation"
I wouldn't go demanding a cheaper or free TV from Sony just because the last 3 TV's i have owned were bought from them would i?
Same kind of thing in my opinion.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree with Ms.Live about not owing loyalty, just go with the best deal out there.
In my opinion, Loyalty doesn't exist in the mobile phone network and here is my explanation why.
When i sign a contract, i am legally tied to this deal for the amount of time stated, so after lets say 24 months, i upgrade and again sign for 24 months, making it 4 years in total that i have been in a contract. Now, i wouldn't say that i was a loyal customer at all, i am basically somebody who thought that o2 was the best deal for me and i signed into a contract, because lets face it, you wouldnt sign up to a contract if it was 10 or 20 pounds per month cheaper somewhere else would you. Its not "Loyalty" its "Contractual obligation"
I wouldn't go demanding a cheaper or free TV from Sony just because the last 3 TV's i have owned were bought from them would i?
Same kind of thing in my opinion.

Very true! The word 'loyal' is thrown around far too much without any real thought as to what 'loyalty' is. If a customer is loyal to a company then they will stick with them through thick and thin, barely batting an eyelid at price rises, outages, faults etc. I'd safely bet that the majority of the general public are not loyal to any brand/company at all and will quite happily switch about to what suits them best.