Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO 4G IN HONG KONG

vw
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI Im currently in Hong Kong, have turned on data roaming and 4G is showing on my Iphone, Callas can be made but the signal from CSL the carrier is non existent. Whatsapp messages can be send and recieved but photos do not load or cannot send. 

Any ideas on what to do?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions
Hi @vw it sounds very much like you are suffering from the usual heavily throttled travel data, but there are a couple of things you can check.
1st, try manually searching for a different network to see if it improves and second, if you are using an iPhone, try changing the data apn to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

vw
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey I read up on this and it didnt make any difference, but thanks
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions
If you're all set up correctly it will just be the usual throttled data speeds then unfortunately.
Many complaints on here about it but o2 say it's only designed to allow basic browsing, emails and WhatsApp etc and nothing that is data intensive.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 8

vw
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
ive been here many times and not had this issue
Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 148912 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28445 Solutions
Have you tried a different network?
Has anything changed on your account since your last visit - new phone, new contract, tariff change etc?
Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11354 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

Never had these issues in Hong Kong, in the few times ive been this year.  I would recommend switching networks

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 7 of 8

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @vw, and welcome to the forum Wave

Did you get a chance to try switching network, as @MI5 and @madasaf1sh suggested? Has it helped at all?

Have a great time in Hong Kong!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 8 of 8