cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NHS discount

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i'm a very new customer to o2 (monday to be precise) and when i signed up instore i was told i could get a discount as i work for the NHS. i was told i just needed to text open to 2020 and take it from there. I have had nothing but problems :-(. Finally got an open code and texted as requested but 24 hours later i got a reply saying that the code was no longer valid?! I have been trying to get in touch via live chat but with no luck whatsoever - in fact it keeps telling my that my phone isn't a touch screen. Does anyone out there know what i can do? The discount deal expires on 17th according to the store and i don't want to miss out

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

jojo, best way of doing this, is to give customer services a call, and explain that you were promised a call back and didnt receive one, and that you want your question / issue resolving. If they try using the "old chestnut" of promising a call back again, just ask for your call to be escalated to a manager; something should be done then. If all this fails, just drop a letter to the complaints dept. You will find the address on the O2 website listed under complaints. You could always call into the shop, and get them to give O2 a call for you, as it is them who told you, that you could have the discount anyway. Just dont let anyone fob you off. The above might sound harsh against O2, but if people dont demand their issues resolving, then there will be a minority of call centre advisors, who will not help. You never know, on your next call, all could be hunky dory. Good luck. Bri

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call customer services 

Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah, i called customer services yesterday after they failed to give me a promised call back. They guy said he'd call me back tonight but nada 😞
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
yeah, i called customer services yesterday after they failed to give me a promised call back. They guy said he'd call me back tonight but nada 😞

I really hate it when they promise to do that then don't bother

Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
That just says theres a discount off of refresh??
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
especially as a new customer, kind of putting me off tbh. got jerked around enough with Orange. would rather the store didn't mention a discount if i can't actually get one
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

jojo, best way of doing this, is to give customer services a call, and explain that you were promised a call back and didnt receive one, and that you want your question / issue resolving. If they try using the "old chestnut" of promising a call back again, just ask for your call to be escalated to a manager; something should be done then. If all this fails, just drop a letter to the complaints dept. You will find the address on the O2 website listed under complaints. You could always call into the shop, and get them to give O2 a call for you, as it is them who told you, that you could have the discount anyway. Just dont let anyone fob you off. The above might sound harsh against O2, but if people dont demand their issues resolving, then there will be a minority of call centre advisors, who will not help. You never know, on your next call, all could be hunky dory. Good luck. Bri

Message 8 of 16

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions
O2 open has changed I'm afraid, the offer now is a discounted refresh tariff.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know am late in seeing this. But am seeing this after three years of being told not allowed Nhs discount. Have since make formal complaint now as being miso sold product and being told out right lies from in store to online......
Message 10 of 16