Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MyO2 and sending 2FA texts to see information

Dave_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just noticed a slight problem, hopefully someone has encountered this and has a way to fix it.

OK, I have had an o2 PAYG sim for years, used by a family member, I registered the sim and signed up to the o2 app. No problems so far.

I signed up for a contract at the beginning of the month and ported my contract number in. Again, no real problems.

Now, when I sign into the app I see both my PAYG number and my contract number listed, I click on my contract number and then get to see this on occasions:

329800BA-FDFE-4B5C-8A3B-6298520A4B72.jpeg

Anyone see the problem?

I don't have access to the PAYG sim at all times, as the family member may not be home with the PAYG phone.

I cannot see a way to de-link the two, I don't mind them both being the same app but I don't want them linking to each for 2FA authentication etc.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

MyO2 on line offered me the option to unlink a PAYG phone and number bought whilst logged-in as my contract phone account...

Not sure if the pic helps if your 'main' account is, or was, the PAYG one, @Dave_ :

20**Personal info** 10_54_00-O2 _ Accounts _ My O2 Accounts.png

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

MyO2 on line offered me the option to unlink a PAYG phone and number bought whilst logged-in as my contract phone account...

Not sure if the pic helps if your 'main' account is, or was, the PAYG one, @Dave_ :

20**Personal info** 10_54_00-O2 _ Accounts _ My O2 Accounts.png

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Dave_ 

You can always call customer services to ask them to change the number.

Numbers here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.
8.00am is the best time to call if you can.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Dave_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hmm, thanks, I'll have a look, ideally I'd like to keep all numbers in the same app (like I have at EE) for ease of use of keeping a check on the PAYG). I just don't want the app to choose to use 2FA to the PAYG number when I'm wanting to view the contract number.

Message 4 of 7

Dave_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was hoping to avoid customer services, it took me three days to get a simple question resolved relating to my port in last week.

More info
More info

Message 5 of 7

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

08:15GMT and O2 Customer Services are very helpful (still need to use the tactics above to get on the queue), I find.

After 09:00 you get the "will you rate my service as good after this call, please" types, as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike 😖

My call to remove spend cap earlier this week was pleasantly and effectively dealt with by calling 202 at the appropriate time @Dave_,give it a go.  

Message 6 of 7

Dave_
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I managed to get sorted by changing my contact number (hopefully this sorts it), it did need me to have the PAYG sim in my possession to get the original 2FA code.
Message 7 of 7