Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My sim hasn’t activated

Katkins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received my new iPad yesterday but the sim hasn’t swapped over yet. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Katkins 

You need to put your old sim in a phone and start a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Katkins  Swapped over from what? If you are attempting a sim swap from your phone number, you will lose the number from your phone. You can't have the same number on two devices. You need a separate number for your iPad.

You need to give customer services a call this morning on any number in this guide  Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support (if you are attempting a swap from phone to iPad.)

If you are swapping from one tablet to another, then you could just use your old tablet sim in your new iPad.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

Katkins
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there. Thanks for your reply.  I upgraded my iPad with a change in tariff. Change in amount of data and on 5G. Have put the new sim in the new iPad. It still hasn’t activated. The old sim in my old iPad is still working. 

Will have to ring in the morning. 

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Katkins 

You need to put your old sim in a phone and start a sim swap Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Oh that's clearer @Katkins. Yes you need to do a sim swap as mentioned by @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

Katkins
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys. Will try the sim swap using my phone. Hopefully that will do the trick 😊

Message 6 of 6