Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent upgrade woes....

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Even after years of frustration with 02 I decided to refresh with them last week (one last time!).  When I upgraded I initally went through to the retention line as I'd been offered 24m 20GB tarrif with Vodafone for approx £54 a month with the iPhone 8Plus.

After swithering a bit I called O2 and they said they couldn't match it but would offer £56 for 24m 20GB data.  I called back a few days and they stuck to the offer saying it was 10GB data but I'd get the extra 10GB free.  All fine and well...until...

I've been on the My O2 App and it only ever mentions 10GB of data so i called the helpline who said "Oh, you need to go up to 30GB to get that free" er.. I don't think so, luckily on both calls I asked them to confirm i was getting the same deal as before only at a reduced cost - they've listed to my calls and agree but as of last Thursday I've not heard a sausage from them.

I take it I'm right to dispute this since I was promised the extra 10GB data?  I'm still in my cooling off period til next Tuesday so I've threatened to cancel unless it's resolved...

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
There's no reason why the bolt on shouldn't show immediately if it's been applied to the contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 32

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
There's no reason why the bolt on shouldn't show immediately if it's been applied to the contract.

nope - after the 14 days according the point 8 in the T&C

Message 12 of 32

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
When it's too late to cancel ??
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 13 of 32

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yeap I get a few calls on this but normally when CPW have done the contract.

14days for it to update on app

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 14 of 32

a_hcir
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 133 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Jeevster wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

nope - after the 14 days according the point 8 in the T&C

I've just been upgraded today and my "Tariff change..." and "Extra FOC 10GB non sharing data" messages (and bolton in my02) came within minutes of each other.  Admittedly my upgrade was through CPW, so may be slightly different.

Message 15 of 32

Jeevster
Level 4: Observant
  • 175 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

your not going to cancel because the 10gb isnt there, you would cancel for something else, so I dont see that being an issue - as long as customer services point out it appears after the 14 days though 

Message 16 of 32

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Every change, addition or bolt on I've ever had has updated within 24 hours in MyO2.
My point about this is that the OP has an issue over eligibility for the extra 10GB so would want to cancel if he didn't get it, but waiting to see if it appeared after 14 days is too late.

Currently using:
Message 17 of 32

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
The bolt on not appearing to bill (tomorrow) rings a bell but no one was clear about this when I called them recently- my old tariff was 65 a month reduced to 56 but i was told the data allowance would be the same - I’ll call them later.

Here’s a laugh for you - when I asked the same question when I picked up the phone in the store the girl said

Oh you only get 10gb but when you’ve used that we add on the other 10gb, it’s like an invisible bolt on
Message 18 of 32

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Yeah the girl is correct youhave to use all you 10gb to activate your FOC bolt on

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 19 of 32

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Unbelievable!!

Currently using:
Message 20 of 32