Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Level 5: Ponderer
Accepted Solution

My recent upgrade woes....

Even after years of frustration with 02 I decided to refresh with them last week (one last time!).  When I upgraded I initally went through to the retention line as I'd been offered 24m 20GB tarrif with Vodafone for approx £54 a month with the iPhone 8Plus.

After swithering a bit I called O2 and they said they couldn't match it but would offer £56 for 24m 20GB data.  I called back a few days and they stuck to the offer saying it was 10GB data but I'd get the extra 10GB free.  All fine and well...until...

I've been on the My O2 App and it only ever mentions 10GB of data so i called the helpline who said "Oh, you need to go up to 30GB to get that free" er.. I don't think so, luckily on both calls I asked them to confirm i was getting the same deal as before only at a reduced cost - they've listed to my calls and agree but as of last Thursday I've not heard a sausage from them.

I take it I'm right to dispute this since I was promised the extra 10GB data?  I'm still in my cooling off period til next Tuesday so I've threatened to cancel unless it's resolved...

Highlighted
Topics: 552
Solutions: 13,465

Re: My recent upgrade woes....

Existing customers get an extra 10GB when upgrading according to the shop pages http://www.o2.co.uk/shop
Check your MyO2 for an extra data bolt on.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted

Hi, no bolt on appearing -just 2 one for insurance and o2 travel lol

Highlighted
Topics: 745

@iphone4sirhave a look at this guide to see how discounts are applied https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/Where-is-my-discount/bc-p/1075494

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 745

@iphone4sir wrote:

Hi, no bolt on appearing -just 2 one for insurance and o2 travel lol

See my post above @iphone4sir...

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted

I'd certainly be making an official complaint then.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Highlighted

Try resolver off this link https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Highlighted

The discount is fine - cost is as it should be - its the extra 10GB of data that's gone awol - I'll call them again tonight...

Highlighted
Level 4: Observant

[ Edited ]

Have you met the T&C below:

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/rewards/extra-10gb-data-with-selected-tariffs-and-devices-te...

Ie is your new tariff more expensive than your old tariff?

Highlighted

Dont panic you will get your 20gb for sure. But you are on 10gb tariff with 10gb foc bolton which wont show on o2 yet till after first bill

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge