Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent upgrade woes....

iphone4sir
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Even after years of frustration with 02 I decided to refresh with them last week (one last time!).  When I upgraded I initally went through to the retention line as I'd been offered 24m 20GB tarrif with Vodafone for approx £54 a month with the iPhone 8Plus.

After swithering a bit I called O2 and they said they couldn't match it but would offer £56 for 24m 20GB data.  I called back a few days and they stuck to the offer saying it was 10GB data but I'd get the extra 10GB free.  All fine and well...until...

I've been on the My O2 App and it only ever mentions 10GB of data so i called the helpline who said "Oh, you need to go up to 30GB to get that free" er.. I don't think so, luckily on both calls I asked them to confirm i was getting the same deal as before only at a reduced cost - they've listed to my calls and agree but as of last Thursday I've not heard a sausage from them.

I take it I'm right to dispute this since I was promised the extra 10GB data?  I'm still in my cooling off period til next Tuesday so I've threatened to cancel unless it's resolved...

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

iphone4sir
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Well that’s clear as mud
Message 21 of 32

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This is a CPW contract they have done on behalf of o2 so to get the offer you wanted they give you a 10gb bolton to top up to the 20gb tariff the promised. I have dealt with this for some months now. But all i can say is all customers get the full allowance of data. with no service interuptions. Just make sure CPW have authorised the 10gb bolton otherwise that can delay it beingf added as we cannot add it until confirmed by them.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 22 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Who said it's a CPW contract?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 32

iphone4sir
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
It’s direct with o2 no 3rd party involved
Message 24 of 32

chrisymon
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

my bad i read comment thinking it was you about CPW.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 25 of 32

jonsie
  • 93227 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

This is all a complete shambles. When I upgraded the both the discount and the extra data appeared as bolt ons the same day. Something is wrong here. The 14 days and waiting until the 10GB has been used is a complete nonsense. 

Message 26 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

This is all a complete shambles. When I upgraded the both the discount and the extra data appeared as bolt ons the same day. Something is wrong here. The 14 days and waiting until the 10GB has been used is a complete nonsense. 

Agree. It's very misleading and looks as if the time to cancel will have expired before they can check if the bolt on exists

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 32

iphone4sir
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Update. So I just spoke to the retentions team, and they confirmed that there’s been a mistake and I had been moved to a discounted tariff but only on 10 gb - they admitted that I had been misled and moved me to the 20gb tariff at no extra cost.
Message 28 of 32

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
and so they should.
I knew it wasn't right at all.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 29 of 32

iphone4sir
  • 160 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
It’s quite laughable really, if I just want to move to lower tariff I would’ve asked, the whole point of me phoning was to get a reduced tariff for being a loyal customer
Message 30 of 32