cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My recent experience with O2 customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently had to send my phone, Sony Xperia E, away for repair twice with the same fault (phone resetting itself) which they failed to repair.  As a result I was sent a new replacement phone and I was told by more than one O2 employee that it would be covered by O2's return and exchange policy.  A couple of days after receiving my new phone it started to show signs of the same issue so I contacted O2 customer service to confirm that it would be ok for me to return and exchange the phone.  I was told I could and be able to do this in store.  So off I trundled to my local O2 store only to find when I got there they have no system or process to action this.  I was told that my replacement wasn't covered by the policy because it was a replacement for a repair.  I explained the the assistant that I was told this by cutomer Services.  He proceeded to contact CS and handed the phone to me and spoke to someone who also told me I couldn't exchange the phone.  After being put through to the Pay and Go returns and repair team I was told, under no certain terms, that they refuse to honor what I'd been told.  During all my conversations with O2 leading upto this had any information been logged onto my account regarding what I'd been told.

This has resulted in me sending a very serious complaint to O2 head office as I believe that O2 should honor what I was originally told and allow me to exchange my phone.  There is a culture of misinforming and lieing to customers at O2 and I would like to warn other customers of this.  Be careful in your dealings with O2.

Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received an email response to my complaint from the complaint Review Service.  Basically they will not honor the 14 day return and exchange but as a gesture of goodwill have added £10 credit to my account. They did acknowledge that more should of been done to provide me with the correct information.

All in all.....

.....a small victory! slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community forum.

Would you let us know what Customer Services say in reply to your complaint please.

If you've posted a letter you can also contact them this way too http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain/complain

You could also approach the phone manufacturer under their warranty via their uk support website for assistance.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will indeed update on this if I hear anything from the complaints review service.  I emailed them so I sould hear from them within 5 working days.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hope this turns out well for you. I would be interested how they justify not exchanging the exchange!

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just received an email response to my complaint from the complaint Review Service.  Basically they will not honor the 14 day return and exchange but as a gesture of goodwill have added £10 credit to my account. They did acknowledge that more should of been done to provide me with the correct information.

All in all.....

.....a small victory! slight_smile

Message 5 of 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Sony, 1 time exchange, anything else, repair.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143445 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As long as you are happy with the outcome - That's the main thing wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions