cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number has not ported across

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!

I joined O2 yesterday moving from Vodafone, my existing number is supposed to have ported across. I contacted livechat yesterday when, after several hours, my number was still going to vodafone answer service.

The person on live chat apparently fixed the issue and I was told my number would be working from midnight, guess what? it still isnt working.

I need my number working asap, please help, this is my business number and I rely on it.

There is clearly a problem, this normally happens within a few hours or so.

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so if the signal has gone off on the Voda sim it means the port has started - you got lucky.
Just keep rebooting the phone with the O2 sim and it will come online in a couple of hours.
This is completely normal procedure.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It takes 48 from time of request to port a number between networks .
If the request was made yesterday it won't port until Monday as they don't port on weekends either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just remember to keep turning your phone off and back on....but as said by @MI5 it probably wont happen now till Monday...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am now getting "Emergency Calls Only" so I cant even use the temporary number now! Yes I have full signal, wtf is going on?

Starting to think I might have jumped out of the frying pan and.......

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
OK, so if the signal has gone off on the Voda sim it means the port has started - you got lucky.
Just keep rebooting the phone with the O2 sim and it will come online in a couple of hours.
This is completely normal procedure.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

So if the OP has started the port, I assume it will complete tomorrow or still be Monday?

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So if the OP has started the port, I assume it will complete tomorrow or still be Monday?

In a couple of hours once it's started, so later today.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you have the time, please come back and let us know if your port has gone through. It's always a help for others who may encounter the same problem. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your answer @MI5

Message 9 of 11

Msnrchowdary
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I requested to port my giffgaff payasyou go to O2 payasyou go on friday and I got a message saying that number will be ported on 22.08.2022 and to keep the phone switch off until 6pm. Today when I checked i lost signals on my giffgaff sim. Which means my porting has started? As you said to keep switching on and off phone, should i do after 6pm today or from now on? How will I know if my number is ported to my new O2 sim? Please help

Message 10 of 11