Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone number has changed after O2 enabled WiFi calling

Puzzled42
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an iPhone 11 which I asked O2 to enable WiFi calling on (on August 28th). Since then I have been unable to receive calls or texts on my phone number. People attempting to call or text me are told that the number is invalid. On logging in to MyO2 I see a new phone number for my phone. I’ve asked a couple of people to call me on this new number to check that my device is working OK. It is. I’ve attempted to start a chat on the MyO2 app yesterday to get my original number reinstated, but no reply as yet. Why did requesting WiFi calling to be enabled result in my phone number being changed? And how do I get my number reinstated?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7944 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Call 202 from your handset or 0344-809-0202 from any phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149495 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28499 Solutions

@Puzzled42 

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

Puzzled42
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Your reply is unhelpful. I am not a Twitter or Instagram user. In Facebook on the O2 page there is a link to message them on specific issues which gives link not found when clicked on. I have waited patiently for an answer to my query via the MyO2 app but no result. How do I contact O2 for some action?

Message 3 of 6

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7944 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Call 202 from your handset or 0344-809-0202 from any phone

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 6

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Puzzled42 were you able to get in touch with O2 with the provided numbers?

Message 5 of 6

Puzzled42
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Eventually I did receive a helpful reply from the Help section in the MyO2 app (an apology and a credit to my account) but they did not have the power to return my original number. I rang 202 and Brian reset my original number (thank you!).

Message 6 of 6