Did you mean: 

My phone is not connecting to the O2 network

Kathryn82
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I have an iphone XR which has previously been in working order but now does not connected to the O2 network. I can connect to wifi and use whats app and facebook messanger.  I can also use the internet but i am unable to make calls or send texts from my phone and the signal bar is continuously doing some kind of mexican wave.

I have tried a hard re-set and a soft re-set and have spoke to apple on in an online chat who have advised to go in to a store, which i am obviously unable to do atm.

My sim card works in other phones. Is my phone broken or is there something i can do to fix it?

If it is broken how can i get a replacement or get this one fixed without going in to a store?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Elisaroo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have got the exact same issue. Upgraded to an XR from a 6s+, same sim as before and No service in the XR, yet it has perfect signal in the 6s+ 

Hoping this will get a fix asap!

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Elisaroo @Kathryn82 

Make sure you both have the latest firmware and carrier updates on your phone.

Checking via iTunes on your PC is the best method.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Elisaroo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No, none of that worked. 

I went into General settings, About and Network and there it said Phone not allowed?

I've started using my old 6s+ now as I am getting no msgs or phone calls due to this, nor could i contact O2 directly to figure this out. 

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Sounds like a faulty phone then @Elisaroo 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Elisaroo
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I rang O2, turns out they sent me a barred (BRAND new phone). Courier is picking up the barred one tomorrow and dropping off a (hopefully) non barred phone.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Thought that might have been the case.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7