cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My o2 app and website wouldn’t let me make my bill payment so I done it through the bank transfer.

Ashleigh2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Has anyone done a bank transfer to pay their monthly bill? And how does it work?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Like this @Ashleigh2 

Guide: How to Pay Your Bill (Contract) 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Ashleigh2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’ve paid by bank transfer I just want to know how it all works given the current situation we are in.
Message 3 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Ashleigh2 

I've given you the specific details above in the link I provided. Please check the section paying in via bank transfer.

As to how it works, as long as you have followed the info in the guide then O2 should receive your money and mark your bill as paid as long as you have allowed 5 days for the transaction prior to your billing date.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

PS It's FAR easier paying by direct debit. One of the few things in these uncertain times, I don't have to worry about @Ashleigh2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Ashleigh2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes I usually do have a direct debit with them but an unknown charge was on my account so I was advised to take off the direct debit through my bank, and call up and pay it once they cleared it which they did but the app and website weren’t letting me pay and I had to transfer so I used the sort code and account number stated on the website page.
Message 6 of 7

Ashleigh2
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The sort code and account number on the link you sent is different to what the o2 website says....
Message 7 of 7