cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My number disappeared after I upgraded my wife's sim card

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  My wife had an iphone3 and was given an iphone 4 so I got a new micro sim and using "My O2" transferred her number to the new P&G microsim in the iPhone 4.  That was OK but then my own iphone 4 stopped working (presumably because I screwed up using my own "My O2" account for her number transfer)  I got onto the O2 web chat lines and they say that the number is gone and can't be retrieved.  I went to an O2 shop and that as a waste of time.  I called the help line but no one answers.

So far I have got a new P&G microsim for my iphone 4 but I want my old number back.   Any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your only chance is to call 4445 and speak to CS. They are much better at resolving these kinds of issues than live chat is.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Your only chance is to call 4445 and speak to CS. They are much better at resolving these kinds of issues than live chat is.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Call cs as advised & hopefully your number is still live & hasn't been reassigned
Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Call cs as advised & hopefully your number is still live & hasn't been reassigned

I was able to do this when on PAYG and made a big mistake losing my original number (I messed up badly Rolleys)

I rang CS immediately and they switched it back to the original. (I still have that number to this day)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
That's hopeful @Cleoriff

I only asked because I know once a numbers been deactivated or disconnected that the particular mobile number does get reassigned after a certain period
Message 5 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122365 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
That's hopeful @Cleoriff

I only asked because I know once a numbers been deactivated or disconnected that the particular mobile number does get reassigned after a certain period

I was lucky as I rang them immediately I realised i had messed up wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 6