Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My monthly bill

StewartMackay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My monthly bill for my wife and myself is £22.39, for two phones and the tariffs that we are on. The bill for March came in a few days ago and it was £38.38. I cheked the bill and the extra costs were for my phone. When I looked up the details I found that there were mutliple texts at the same time on the same day e.g. on 22nd March I have been charged for 43 texts at 10:50 and 13 texts at 10:51 to the same number (one of my daughters). I actually sent one text to my three daughters as a group text so should only have been charged for 3 texts. On 23rd Marchat 23:01 I have been charged for 3 texts to each of my three daughters, total 9 texts. I actually again sent 1 text to my daughters as a group, so should only have been charged for 3 texts. On 26th march I have been charged for 33 texts at 14:05; 11 to each of two daughters, 3 to the tird daughtr and another 8 to the htird daughter at 14:06. Again I sent i textext to my three daughters as a group. I have counted the texts which I sent in March and it comes to 50. My monthly average is about65-70. These texts are in excess of my 150 texts per month on my tariff so even before the 22nd March I have been charged formore texts than I have sent. I tried the 202 number but was only allowed to hold on and speak to someone if I was reporting a fraud or a stolen phone; I sent an e-mail but received a reply that e-mail support had been shut down; I clicked on Live Chat but got a message to say the server could not be found, so it seems this is the only way that I can send a message and get this sorted out. I don't even know if anyone officially from O2 will get to see this message. Please please, someone look into this and sort it out.

Donald Stewart Mackay

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
You will need to call customer service to investigate https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12039 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions
This is a customer community @StewartMackay, so o2 won't directly see your message.
Sounds like they are sending as MMS messages, which are chargeable.
I would suggest that you set up a group chat either on facebook messenger or whatsapp.
In the meantime, some help for MMS is on the link below:
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3