Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mobile data is vanishing, any help

Keith_H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On the 7th May I got a text to say I'd used up 80% of my 1GB allowance for the month.

I was very surprised as I usually only use about 20% of my allowance in a month. I immediately turned off my mobile data.

2 hours later I got a message saying that I'd used up all my data for the month.

My phones stats for data usage are telling me I used 18.3 MB this month and 213.3 MB last month.

Today I viewed my bill on the O2 app and when I looked in the data usage it said I used 907.26 MB on the 7th May alone. This is not right.

O2 insist that there is nothing wrong with their system.

Anyone have any idea what has happened and can suggest how I stop it happening again.

My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 5G running MIUI 14 (Android 13). 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147092 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Keith_H 

Send screenshots of the phone usage in a complaint to O2 and let them tell you why.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 147092 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Keith_H 

Check the data settings on your phone and it will tell you which app is using the most data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Keith_H
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I already checked the App usage. All my Apps together don't get 900 MB.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 147092 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28289 Solutions

@Keith_H 

Send screenshots of the phone usage in a complaint to O2 and let them tell you why.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 4 of 4