Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My daughter as left me with her contract

Dawnydawndawn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I tried to ring o2 to get this sorted but the automated service sends you round and round in circles and then they are like bye! 

When my kids were growing up I got them all a contract phone, cheaper than pay as you go, when my kids left school uni etc and got a job I asked them to pay their bill, none of my kids had a problem with this, affects my credit rating not theirs and just paid me the money, January 21 my youngest orders iPhone XR Apple Watch all on a 3 year contract, which ends January 24. My youngest has since decided to give me the phone and Apple Watch back and get her own contract. The Apple Watch is not a huge deal because my eldest as offered to take it on, I can’t wear an Apple Watch at work or I would have used it myself. But the phone as over 2 years on it, what are my options? Would be nice to speak to an advisor but having a few issues it’s hard to select an option without them saying bye. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35223 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Your best bet, assuming you don't live close enough to an O2 shop to book a guru session ( https://guru.secure.force.com/M_O2StoreLocatorPROJ?sfdcIFrameOrigin=null ) - is to call O2 early in the morning, around 08:15am UK time as below, @Dawnydawndawn:

Numbers are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When you call, you will be asked for the reason you are calling.
Stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
You can also try saying "Upgrade" or "Fraud" to be connected to an advisor.
Again, 8.15am is the best time to call if you can, to get onto the queue - still might have to wait for 30 mins or so, so get comfy and go hands-free.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143440 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Dawnydawndawn 

The only way out is to pay the phone off completely, but, as there is a watch attached to the device, you would have to pay the watch off also.

If you want to keep the watch running on monthly payments, you'll need to keep paying for the phone monthly too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3