Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Highlighted
Anonymous

My data usage

Just wondering whether anyone can help. I upgraded to a Samsung Galaxy SII in March this year and i pay £6 a month for a 500MB data bolt-on. The first 2 months were fine, then in May i got a text a couple of days before my new monthly allowance was due to start, saying i had used 80% of my data allowance. I had the same again in June, this time about 5 days before, so i started turning off my background data during the day and occasionally turning off the packet data too in case something was running that i didn't know about. In July i received the 80% text about 10 days before my new allowance so i had to pay for an extra bolt-on. I've now had my new month's allowance and in just 3 days i have somehow managed to use 32% of it and i can't understand why or how. I've not used the net much at all outside of home (i connect to my O2 wi-fi at home), yet when i look online at what i've used so far, out of a list of 6 times there are 4 of those where i've been at home using wi-fi so that shouldn't be included in my usage. Can anyone offer any help as to what might be going on? I've contacted O2 live chat and they weren't very helpful at all. Thanks in advance Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: My data usage

I should just add that i haven't really done anything different this last couple of months than i did the first 2 months where everything was fine.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Installed anything like google drive or +. Or another back up service.

If you have it could be that uploading while you are out.

If you check in your settings. Do you have a usage section (HTC sensation does) this shows what programs are uploading and the amounts.

Highlighted
Topics: 539
Solutions: 11,800

If you are running ICS you can can into data useage and look at the graph. Below that it will list the apps that are using data and how much. If not on ICS download 3G Watchdog off Google play.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I haven't downloaded Google + or anything similar. I deleted some apps last month that i never really used but that doesn't seem to have made any difference. I've just downloaded the 3G Watchdog app (thanks for the tip) so i'll see how that goes and keep my eye on things. If there's still a major problem in a couple of weeks then i'll take my phone into the O2 shop and ask for some advice.

Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Anonymous

wendywoo_1973
Have You managed to resolve Your issue ?
I'm struggling with similar problems and looking for reasonable solution...