Did you mean: 

My contract ends next week

Durhamdad54
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

my o2 contract ends next week I am currently on tariff unlimited text and calls plus 5gb data for £21 per month my question is I know my mobile contract finish’s but what about my air time does it change to cheaper price or stays the same o2 has similar deals lot cheaper any advice please

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144178 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you are on refresh you stop paying the device plan and just continue paying the airtime which stays the same price as it is now.
If not on refresh, nothing changes unless you change it.
Once out of contract you can upgrade to a cheaper SIM only tariff of your choice though, so it's easy to switch to a cheaper airtime tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144178 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
If you are on refresh you stop paying the device plan and just continue paying the airtime which stays the same price as it is now.
Once out of contract you can upgrade to a cheaper SIM only tariff of your choice though, so it's easy to switch to a cheaper airtime tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If on a refresh contract, your device will have been paid off so you only pay the airtime. If there are cheaper deals you are free to upgrade or go sim only. Call 202 to discuss your options.

Message 3 of 7

Durhamdad54
  • 12 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I on refresh do I need to give o2 any notice I seen the 5 gb data etc for £15 per month so fancy that

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144178 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

No notice required,just call up and ask them to change your tariff.
You'll keep the same SIM and receive an email when it's changed over.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Jenny105
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 702 Posts
  • 122 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Now i understand these plans! Hooray.   I am partially hearing 02 dont (or didnt) sell phones suitable for very hard of hearing. I always have to buy from a Hearing org.  I now know what device plan means , refresh and out of contract. Wheeeee  . Maybe one day 02 will sell phones for a large sector of the older population . This info will be invaluable ------ MI5  suceeds again. Thanks laddy

Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Just caught up with this thread. Good to hear you got a lot of helpful info from @MI5 & @jonsie above, hope you're all good now @Durhamdad54!

Cheers for your feedback about our range of devices @Jenny105. We are very keen on being on top of all things Accessibility and this kind of feedback is very valuable for helping us improve - I'll make sure to pass this on. slight_smile

Message 7 of 7