Did you mean: 

My Sim sudenly died and i can't phone O2 or anyone

Bea2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone

Last night, without reason, my phone began to show NO SIM sign. Yet the SIM card was not moved. One of Mum's care workers put it into their phone confirming it was the SIM and not my phone that has failed. I've lost all numbers and info on it. 😞

Needless to say i can't make or receive phone calls or texts. Meaning I can't phone O2 to sort it. I did not drop my phone nor was it near or in water. I'm baffled. It was not that old. 😞  At least i can phone 999 if Mum takes ill.

I can't visit an O2 shop because i can't leave Mum on her own and she's too ill to leave the house.

Is it possible to be sent another sim, keep my contract and have my number transfered to the new sim?

I'm hoping for the same wonderful support and advice  I've had twice before.

Thank you  in advance

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bea2 

Ask your mum's carer to borrow here phone to call O2 and request a new sim.

All the numbers here are included in calling allowances, so won't cost anything to call Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Bea2 

Ask your mum's carer to borrow here phone to call O2 and request a new sim.

All the numbers here are included in calling allowances, so won't cost anything to call Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Bea2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for advice. That Carer won't be back for a week (she works P/T) My brother who might be able to call is not with O2. If i used his phone would he be charged?

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

No cost from any network @Bea2 

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
There is also an 0800 number you can call using Skype if you have it (or you can download it for free from your app store).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 5