cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Month's Data Allowance gone in less than 24 hours

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not used for anything. All automatic data services on my phone (iPhone) switched off. All 100MB are reported to be used up. What is going on?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Oops only just popped back and saw your reply...

I've probably jinxed myself now tho!

***finds some wood to touch***
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month my 2 gb data vanished within 24 hours, a call to o2 couldnt tll me why, I paid for an additional bolt on 2gb which lasted the month, this month exactly the same thing has happened, 2gb used withing 24 hours.

Last month I wenrt into the o2 shop to check everything was in order on my phone annd they confirmed it was.

both times this has happened I have been at home and only using wifi, they suggested this had dropped out but i use my computer most of the day working from home and this has not dropped out. now they suggest they is a phone fault but i bought a new phone!

some thing definitly wrong here- time to leave O2 perhaps. it feels like a moneymaking scam to me

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It’s happening a bit too frequently just lately to a few people.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I thought that this was under control now but it's happening too frequently again. Good money spinner though just at a time when they seem to be needing one 😉

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I noticed after upgrading iOS, the “WiFi assist” feature had got turned back on. This uses data for a connection when WiFi connection is poor. Not sure which iOS settings ‘trump’ others - Might be a place to look
Message 15 of 16

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
This issue has been around long before Apple even imagined wifi assist.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16