Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

My European Bolt On

Today is Tuesday, on Sunday I started on a two week driving trip to Minsk in Belarus.  Not the happiest place on earth so I thought I would purchase the My Europe bolt on for the two weeks I was away.

O2 have so far charged me for two months of the service, and this was before I even left home!  When I telephoned I was told that this was normal and if I did not want the second months they would refund it.  OK so far.

Monday morning I arrived by ferry in Dunkirk.  On the way over I had a text from O2 saying that 'at the moment you are likely to be charged ships tarriff as you are on a boat, hang on til you get to earth again and we will find you a suitable network'  All well and good.

Drove through France, Belgium (quickly) and then Holland.  Made a couple of calls and all went well.  Hit the border with Germany and since then - silence.  No networks are available is all I can get.

At the moment I am in a very nice hotel in Poznan in Poland.  Tomorrow I will be in Warsaw for three days, then Minsk.  So far I have treid everything I can to find a solution, but Lucy the automatic pilot does not understand me, and the only option I might have is to either send an e mail to someone in O2 if I could find an e mail address or us a very expensive hotel land line to call O2 direct, which I am very loath to do.

Is there anyone out there in England who can charge down the front door of O2 and get someone to sort out the problem for me?

Poland is very nice by the way, but I am not staying here for ever.

Highlighted
Topics: 297
Kudos: 1,856
Ideas: 6
Solutions: 1,316

Re: My European Bolt On

go to the contact us page and you should get the option of live chat or email us.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

below is the countries it should work in

What countries are included?

Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France (including Guadeloupe, Martinique , French Guiana, and La Runion), Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal (including the Azores and Madeira), Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (including the Canaries), Sweden, Switzerland.

Apple Watch series 4
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

try a manual network selection for ERA or orange as they are o2's poland  roaming network partners

Apple Watch series 4