cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know just what kind of a service you guys are running here. Just let me explain my circumstances here:

I decided to go from my Pay & Go Service with O2 to a monthly plan, and by doing such a thing I was going to be getting quite rightly a new phone which was the Blackberry 9320 Curve.  At the time I was on O2 Pay & Go I had just had given me a Blackberry 8920 and the only reason why I decided to go for a monthly plan was that your so called company stated that I could get the Blackberry 9320 on a monthly plan for £11 per month being as I was an existing customer of O2 Pay & Go for longer than 6 months. I have been with O2 Pay & Go for years so by rights I should qualify.

To me this offer sounded fantastic especially as it would cost me a £15 top up to use my existing Blackberry 8920. So £11 per month and new phone thrown into boot to me was a wise move.

Now every time I went to place an order for this so called fantastic offer it kept coming up as £24 per month. So at that time I never placed the order. I then proceeded to ask some guy on O2 chat what on earth was going on, he told me and reassured me that if I made the purchase my bill would only be £11 per month and not £24 per month. So I went ahead and made the purchase.

The next day I received my new phone, the day after they was asking for the bill which was for some reason £25.25p. I got onto the chat again and asked them what was going on, to which they explained you have to pay a month in advance. So I paid the so called £25.25 no problem. Well not until I looked at my online account which was stating my bill for my phone was £24 per month.

I again got in touch with someone on the chat to see what the hell was going on. He explained that it would take a while for your account to change from £24 per month to £11 per month. I even had a letter off O2 stating that my monthly bill was £11 per month.

Now every month they are continually asking for £24 per month. My phone is now disconnected, and has been for the last 2 months and since I had it at the end of June. So far I have paid them £25.25 to send 12 text messages and have used about 36 minutes of my allowance. Quite an expensive deal this as turned out to be.

Now as far as I am concerned there is no way on earth I am paying £24 per month for something you can get for £15 per month by going with Pay & Go to which I was originally on. So I cancelled my direct debit because there is now way you guys are going to rob me with your cheating lies getting existing O2 Pay & Go customers to go over to a month plan on some fairy tale deal you are offering.

Now I have just been to my account to phone up O2 to try and sort this matter out, and honest to god I really cannot believe what clowns are running this show.  This is what is shown on my online account as follows:

Please contact our Collections Team on 0844 375 0201 to settle your account. On receipt of payment we may consider reconnecting your services to the O2 network.

Now I rang this number and a message came on stating this number no longer exists, please use our new number which is shown on your bill. They did not even give you their new number to phone, which is why I am here now posting this on their forum.  1. Because I do not have a bill with their new number on, cause I threw the garbage they sent me in the bin, asking for twice the money that is should be, and 2. The chat service is telling you a load of crap, saying go ahead it will be fine. Go on order it will be £11 per month trust me. Absolute jokers.

Now I want to sort this out, and as far as I am concerned if I have to pay £24 per month you can go and whistle and have the phone back. Please give me a phone number so I can talk to someone to get this sorted.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You will find the number in "Contact us" at the bottom of the page.

If this is an administration error they will sort it out for you, but cancelling the direct debit will have a far worse affect on you than it will O2, as your credit rating could now be marked that you are a non payer.

This is almost certain to impact your ability to get credit in the future.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You will find the number in "Contact us" at the bottom of the page.

If this is an administration error they will sort it out for you, but cancelling the direct debit will have a far worse affect on you than it will O2, as your credit rating could now be marked that you are a non payer.

This is almost certain to impact your ability to get credit in the future.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93223 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

You need to ring them immediately to get this sorted out. Forget the online chat as they are next to useless for such issues.

I think O2 will be asking you for an immediate payment to stop this escalating further and having dire consequences on your credit rating.

They will also sort out any issues with the tariff you should have had.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree you need to ring customer services ASAP I understand your frustration but they will sort it out in the end forget online chat as already said they are basically useless and usually just tell you anything to get rid of you I think they must of all missed the customer service training course but the guys on the phone are usually great and will get this sorted for you you can ask for the bill to be put into dispute where they can freeze any bars etc I know this can be done as they did it for me once when they messed up good luck

Message 4 of 4