cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mum signed a contract when she wanted a pay & go phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone,

My mum went to the skegness branch to buy a pay and go phone but  came out with a business contract and I have been trying to get it cancelled for the past 2 hours now via both web chat and phone. is there any way to get it cancelled quicker then waiting for the "retention team" to be back in monday as I work and my mum doesnt know much about phones, just wanted a cheap pay & go phone, hence why she got conned into this contract by the sales people in the shop. I know we have 14 days but I rather get it done asap, just every phone line I try(store num, customer department, business department) I either get passed around, disconnected or just not helpful at all.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Community help thread here on cancelling http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Community help thread here on cancelling http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried that number but apparently because it is a business contract, I have to wait for the business retention team who aren't in till monday.  I must say this is such a hassle for a 5 minute thing

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
As it's been mis-sold you might also want to consider a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Sold a phone with a business contract? By what stretch of the imagination is that acceptable or moral? It's sad that you can't do anything till Monday but I hope you get it sorted then.

Thankfully you were on the ball to ask the question on here. As said you have 14 days to change your mind. Try and make sure your Mum doesn't use the phone at all...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Leave the phone switched off as you may still be charged for any minutes, texts used if you did send anything 

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144100 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Business accounts get more commission for the salesperson, innit !

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Totally disgusting actions by sales person. Please do follow that complaint link and push for a satisfactory (in your eyes) resolution. Imo it would be a profuse apology.

Message 8 of 8