cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Text Messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since when has O2 commenced charging me for sending 'round robin' text messages to more than one person?  I have just had a £19 additional charge put on my bill with no warning.  When I called Customer Services, the assistant originally told me it was for sending 'picture messages', then it was for sending pictures within an email!!!

Are O2 actually going to inform me about this change in T&C, or just take my money?

Very disgruntled, and still not convinced I have the right answer!

Help?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It appears to have changed at end of March this year with the new tariff's. All Group texts now get charged as MMS messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

They really should be highlighting this within the tariffs. To suddenly change without stating it anywhere on the website or within the tariffs is just wrong.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

To suddenly change without stating it anywhere on the website or within the tariffs is just wrong.

Agreed... I flagged a recent similar post to Leonard for clarification but heard nothing back..... 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Intriguing would group iMessages be bundled into the mms texts? 😕
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought iMessages were free then again most don't actually get delivered so you end up sending as text instead lol

Message 6 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha indeed slight_smile

iMessage goes through the data plan afaik but I'm wondering if its been included within the SMS stuff.

When I used to send group iMessages somtimes one or two would fail and send as a txt. Just wondering if that means I'm going to get lumped with a mms charge rather than a SMS.

^^makes sense to me haha 😞
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I heard somewhere that they are classed as mms messages because they aren't standard type SMS messages but not 100% sure

Message 8 of 8