Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Moving to iPhone

Hi,

I'm looking for some advice! I'll set the scene -

My partner has an iPhone 3G.

I am currently in month 4 of a £35 a month 18 month contract.

I would like an iPhone 3G.. I've been told I can transfer to an iPhone tariff but after reading this forum it doesnt seem like I can buy an iPhone handset. Does anyone know there is anyway I can get round this? It would seem at the moment as though my only option is to pay for the rest of my contract to cancel it and then start a new one. Although money isnt really a big issue paying 14 months charges is too much!

Any advice would be very welcome!
Topics: 48
Kudos: 589
Solutions: 48

Moving to iPhone

You will have to pay of the remainder of your contract for you to be able to get a iphone, Or just have 2 contracts running at the same time.
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Anonymous

Moving to iPhone

Or just have 2 contracts running at the same time.

Unfortunately then I wouldn't be able to keep my number..
Anonymous

Moving to iPhone

Or just have 2 contracts running at the same time.

Unfortunately then I wouldn't be able to keep my number..

There's one way you could - you could apply to have your number ported to iPhone and a new number assigned to your old contract .... not sure if they'd do it but if you gave a reason like wanting to give your old phone to your partner (and keep paying the contract for it) but to take your number with you they may let you Smiley Happy
Anonymous

Moving to iPhone

Just as an update to this.. I rang 2302 and spoke to a really nice guy there who switched my tariff to an iPhone tariff for the remained of the contract. I then purchased an iPhone PAYG (not available when I first wrote this post) and put the SIM in that.