cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving to contract.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I got a phone call 1 year a go asking if i want to change to a contract with no credit check. I told them to ring back in a month because i was not sure if my job was ending and they nether rang back. I have tryed doing it online with no joy is there any way i can contact them.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
A credit check is carried out for all contracts, even 30 day simplicity tariffs. If it was a third party company I can only assume they meant they won't carry out their own additional credit checks as some third party resellers do? Either way what they've told you seems to be incorrect.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You could try upgrading from your MyO2 account, if that doesn't work give them a call, the numbers are in "Contact us" at the base of the page.

You might get a 30 Simplicity contract without a credit check but if you need a phone one will probably be required.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

It's possible that it was one of several companies cold calling offering you the contract. O2 will always credit check for a contract unless as perksie says, it was for a 30 day Simplicity.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
A credit check is carried out for all contracts, even 30 day simplicity tariffs. If it was a third party company I can only assume they meant they won't carry out their own additional credit checks as some third party resellers do? Either way what they've told you seems to be incorrect.
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Thanks for clearing that up KyleB! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5