Did you mean: 

Moving to Sim Only from O2 Refresh

chrisiwebster
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello, 

I'm planning on paying off my device plan, selling my current phone and buying a Pixel 2.

Because O2 don't sell Pixel 2, I can't simply upgrade with O2 refresh. I'd like to keep my current airtime tariff or a similar tariff with O2. Does paying off my device plan mean I just move to sim only or do I need to cancel my O2 contract altogether and ask for a sim only? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once the device is paid for it's your choice.
You can continue paying just the airtime as you do now.
Switch to a different sim only deal.
Cancel immediately and leave.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Once the device is paid for it's your choice.
You can continue paying just the airtime as you do now.
Switch to a different sim only deal.
Cancel immediately and leave.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22946 Posts
  • 1024 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@chrisiwebster If you're planning on buying a Pixel 2, paying off your device, canceling the airtime, and going sim only is probably the way to go. If you continue paying the airtime on your current contract with the new phone it will not be considered to still be on Refresh.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've always gone sim only and there are usually some good deals to be had.

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/sim-cards/sim-only-deals?cm_mmc=googleuk-_-PPC_Direct_Simplicity-_-Simplic...

You also have the option of checking what the other networks are offering but check out the coverage if you choose to do tha

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @chrisiwebster just wanted to check how you're doing today and if you found the above suggestions helpful? slight_smile

Message 5 of 5