Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Moving number from o2 contract to new o2 contract

Hi, I am currently on a o2 simplicity 30day contract and wonder if it is possible to close and move this number to a new o2 contract? I am wanting to do this rather than upgrade to take advantage of online cashback. Thanks!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Moving number from o2 contract to new o2 contract

You just need to request a PAC code, call 202 and choose the option for 'thinking of leaving us'.
Once your new contract is set up, provide the PAC code and your number will move over, this will also automatically close your old contract.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You don't need a PAC code to move numbers within the same network. Ring CS and tell them what you want to do.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Will the PAC code way still work fine though? I don't want to do anything to invalidate the cashback! Unless they will upgrade me and take into account the cashback discount.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ive just been told on the phone to o2 I cant port my number over to a new contract I take out online? Is there any truth to this? surely a pac code is a pac code.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, a PAC is a PAC and there's nothing to stop you using the method I suggested, which is the safest option to ensure your cash back.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Ok so I rang up for my PAC, they asked me why I wanted it, I told them I wanted a samsung galaxy nexus, with so many minutes etc, but over networks offer better deals. I was offered the £21.50 contract for a £30 one off cost, saving £150! Brilliant Smiley Very Happy Thanks for your help guys.