cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving my 02 number from business to personal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

So yesterday I asked for my 02 business number to be switched to my 02 personal account. As it's internal I was told I didn't need a PAC code. Over 24 later and the number still hasn't switched to my other sim card, is this normal?

Thanks in adance.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Ports don't happen on a weekend.
Requests on a Friday will port on the following Tuesday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Ports don't happen on a weekend.
Requests on a Friday will port on the following Tuesday.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help.

How comepletely and utterly useless of the chap at 02 business that told me otherwise. Had I known it would have taken until Tuesday, I wouldn't have sold my 'old' phone.

Brilliant.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Can you use the old sim in the new phone until then?

Currently using:
Message 4 of 9

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

I thought Business to personal was all on the same sim as o2 just convert the account to a personal one . As the business sims and personal sims were the same.

When I did it i got the personal contract and my number changed almost instantly after telling o2, as it is not a port just a change of contract type 

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's quite long winded but here's the basics. It's an account from back in 2003, was originally opened under my dad's name, I had a second phone under my name. After many years my dad cancelled his phone contract but mine stayed active. The bills came to my business address with my name in the address BUT with my dad's first initial on the first line.
When the upgrade process switched to credit checking it mucked things up as I couldn't credit check myself for that account as it still had my dad's initial connected to it. Two options were available
1. Apply to transfer the account which by all accounts is an utter Ballache
2. Open a regular account, close the old business account and port the number.
I went for option 2. To start everything afresh with my name etc. Fella on the phone said my number should swap quickly but that he had to say it might take up to two days. I guess he meant 'working days'.
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
My understanding is that it's still a port, albeit an internal one, one the same rules apply.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't doubt it, although this wasn't made clear during the call. 'Quite quickly' to me isn't Thursday to Tuesday.
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
I guess it's always worth a call back to cs to check.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9