Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from refresh contract to pay monthly sim only

Blancey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi think I have found a reasonable deal with o2 on a pay monthly sim only just wondering a few things - the deal is £11 as this is a rolling monthly contract how long will the price stay at £11 could it be hiked up after a few months ? Also I like using the o2 app to see how much data etc I have used will I still be able to do that on a pay monthly sim only ? Also if you know of any other drawbacks can you please point them out to me ! Many thanks and sorry in advance for stupidity !, 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The tariff will always remain the same except for the April increase which is determined by the RPI which is normally approx 2.5%. The price remains the same as long as you are happy with the tariff i.e. you decide if you want to upgrade or try another network

On a 30 day sim just give 30 days notice to quit

On a 12 month sim only then you need to pay off any remaining months should you want to change tariff.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Blancey

The sim only contracts will stay at the price shown for the duration of the contract taken.

You can check your data etc via the My O2 app as well

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

The tariff will always remain the same except for the April increase which is determined by the RPI which is normally approx 2.5%. The price remains the same as long as you are happy with the tariff i.e. you decide if you want to upgrade or try another network

On a 30 day sim just give 30 days notice to quit

On a 12 month sim only then you need to pay off any remaining months should you want to change tariff.

Message 3 of 9

MI5
  • 144151 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

Hi @Blancey the price goes up every year by rpi in April. Usually only a few pence and yes, you can still use your MyO2 to check allowances. 

https://www.o2.co.uk/prices

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

Blancey
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry to be thick but it’s a monthly rolling contract so I was thinking that meant I’m not locked into it for 12 or 24 months ? 

Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

PS I have been sim only for 3 years now and I can't think of any drawbacks at all. Best thing ever. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144151 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Blancey wrote:

Sorry to be thick but it’s a monthly rolling contract so I was thinking that meant I’m not locked into it for 12 or 24 months ? 

If it's a 30 day contract there are no lock ins, just 30 days notice required to leave.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

They will be 30 day or 12 monthly.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
  • 93174 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

on the 12 month contract it becomes a rolling contract on month 13 until you end it.

Message 9 of 9