Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from Sim Only to Phone Contract

mr_ant
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, i just wanted to ask you guys a question, i am on a sim only at the moment but it says in 1 month and 30 days i will be able to upgrade to a phone contract but my question is when i upgrade to the phone contract will it be re credit checked again? thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@mr_ant 

The general rule is no checks for upgrades but as you are taking a credit agreement out for a device you may have to pass additional security or ID checks. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144153 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@mr_ant 

The general rule is no checks for upgrades but as you are taking a credit agreement out for a device you may have to pass additional security or ID checks. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

mr_ant
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ok thank you

Message 3 of 8

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @mr_ant , hope everything goes ok with your upgrade. slight_smile Don't hesitate to pop back in if you have any further questions anytime.

And let us know how you like your new phone when you get it! slight_smile

Message 4 of 8

mr_ant
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thank you, i am defo getting the IPhone 12, think it will be the Pro Max version

Message 5 of 8

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@mr_ant wrote:

thank you, i am defo getting the IPhone 12, think it will be the Pro Max version

Ooh, I'll look into that one too personally if I decide to upgrade this year. Pro Max is the one with the bigger screen, right? I'll need that for my mobile games. grin

Message 6 of 8

mr_ant
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Message 7 of 8

mr_ant
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeh, i cant make my mind up between the IPhone 12 or the IPhone 12 Pro Max, the IPhone 12 has red one but the IPhone 12 Pro Max doesnt but i do like bigger screens, will the pricing when i upgrade be the same pricing as whats on the website now? thanks

Message 8 of 8