cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving from 02 to EE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm currently in a pay monthly contract with O2. I don't get 3G in my area so I was wondering is there anyway I can change to an EE 30 day rolling contract and still pay my O2 pay monthly contract and keep my O2 number on EE?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could obviously take out a 30 day rolling contract with EE but you would not be able to use your contract number as far as I know. Porting the number out would trigger cancellation of your O2 account resulting in a bill for full settlement.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

To move your mobile number to ee you would need to port it from O2 to ee by asking for a PAC code.

This would end your O2 contract on giving this code to ee ,and you would be liable for any months remaining on your O2 contract.

O2 are constantly improving their network.

Here's a link.

http://www.o2.co.uk/network/future
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You could obviously take out a 30 day rolling contract with EE but you would not be able to use your contract number as far as I know. Porting the number out would trigger cancellation of your O2 account resulting in a bill for full settlement.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the help. Was hoping I could just continue paying the rest of my 02 contract month 2 month as well as the £21 for the EE monthly rolling contract. Looks like that's out the window. Thanks again.
Message 4 of 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You can only do that with a new number from EE.

You can't walk away from your O2 contract.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're very welcome Scott

And welcome to the forum.

You can either have two contracts running together with O2 and ee.

Pay off your O2 contract and PAC code your number to ee.

Or switch to 2g to get a better O2 service and wait to see if the improvements being made to the networks helps your signal.
Message 6 of 6