cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a sim from an old phone to a new phone.

IRK
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a pay monthly O2 sim card in an old phone which is starting to fail. If I buy a new phone (different make) can I just transfer the sim card across to it?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@IRK If your old sim is the correct size for your new phone you can just pop it in and use it as you would in your old phone. If you need a different sized sim you can call into an O2 store and they will give you a free sim and transfer all your details to it. The process is usually very quick.

Alternatively, you can call customer service and request a new sim which they will mail to you and do the swap yourself. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Sim-Swap-a-mini-guide-2017-update/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@IRK If your old sim is the correct size for your new phone you can just pop it in and use it as you would in your old phone. If you need a different sized sim you can call into an O2 store and they will give you a free sim and transfer all your details to it. The process is usually very quick.

Alternatively, you can call customer service and request a new sim which they will mail to you and do the swap yourself. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Sim-Swap-a-mini-guide-2017-update/ba-p/1060675

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

IRK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the quick reply, I thought that may be the case, but wanted a quick check before I went out and bought a new phone (it's my wife that uses the phone actually).

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
  • 23074 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@IRK You're welcome. If you do have to go in store, be sure that you bring identification for whoever the sim is contracted to.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

IRK
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, thanks again (I saw BBC's watchdog last week as well...lol).

Message 5 of 5