cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving a number from one contract to another

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my partners number is on his mums contract. I have my own contract and we'd like to move his number from his mums to mine. How do we go about doing this and is it easy to do? Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, I understand, but it's not possible to do unless you take a new contract on your account for him to use.
This would be best done when his contract is due for renewal to avoid any cancellation charges.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The simple answer is no it isn't easy. To move a number from one contract to another would mean the first contract would have to be closed and paid up to free the number. Then both contract holders would need to phone up together to transfer the number from one name to another.

Message 2 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do you mean adding his number to your account or do you want to completely replace your contract with your partners?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just want to move his number to mine so we've got one bill just? Is that do-able?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry add his number so there'd be 2 numbers on my bill
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
OK, I understand, but it's not possible to do unless you take a new contract on your account for him to use.
This would be best done when his contract is due for renewal to avoid any cancellation charges.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6