Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving PAYG balance to new contract

p196
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I recently signed up a new O2 contract. I also have a PAYG number which I no longer use.  Is it possible to bring the balance over to the new contract (and cancel the PAYG number)? 

I searched previous threads on this and it was suggested to use "Keep your number" option to move PAYG number to contract (and keep the balance the same time). My problem is that I am going to port my main number over from another network.  Will this "Keep your number" option jeopardize my upcoming port?

I phoned O2 Customer Service (contract section) and they said they could not do anything as they had no access to my PAYG account. I guess PAYG CS does not have access to my new contract either? It feels like a "left hand does not talk to right hand" moment and really does not give any confidence as, if something goes wrong, there is nobody to contact for a resolution.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@p196 

You can only transfer your balance if you migrate your PAYG number to your contract so I'd do that first, get your credit added, then port in your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@p196 

You can only transfer your balance if you migrate your PAYG number to your contract so I'd do that first, get your credit added, then port in your number.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

p196
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 Thanks a lot. So there is definitely no problem to port my main number over afterwards? I am worried that you are allowed to port/transfer in number once only. There is no rule like this, is there?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@p196 

No rule like that. You can do it as many times as you wish.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4