cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to o2 on Monday. Activated Wi-fi calling online, but can’t activate on my iPhone

joenitro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Joined O2 on Monday with a SIM Only deal and moved my EE number to them yesterday. Calls, texts and mobile data working fine. My issue is that even though I’ve logged in to MyO2 and turned on Wi-fi calling, I cannot activate it on my iPhone 11 Pro. I always get the message to contact O2 to activate it. This is the same with trying to turn VoLTE on as well. It won’t work.
I’ve tried a network reset on the iPhone. It it hasn’t made a difference. Tried activating it when on mobile data and also my home Wi-fi but still won’t allow it.
Calling 202 won’t let me speak to anyone at the moment. Is there anything else I can try?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144671 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions
No need to call at all mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 18

bigdavie88
Level 9: Fired up
  • 144 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 14 Solutions
Hi @joenitro, On the MyO2 website the part below your mobile number doesnt get updated by O2 with mobile phone type. The pencil option is so you can manually add the phone type in yourself as this is for your use to differentiate between multiple accounts so you can more or less put anything in this box.

As for the wifi calling issue....have you checked your settings to ensure your mobile number is the EE number you tranferred over?
Go to settings - phone - my number and see if this number matches the number you ported in. The number here may still be the temporary number you were given before you transferred your number over from EE.
Message 12 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, Yeah exactly as I thought about the website device section.

Yes the mobile number displayed on the iPhone settings is correct and was as soon as the number port went through. Tech team got me to double check that as well earlier on.

All moot now anyway unfortunately, but I appreciate the suggestion.
Message 13 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5, thanks very much for confirming.
Message 14 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oh the irony.    Just tried to turn on WiFi calling now and it's worked!!  @GMF , give yours a try!!

Too little too late unfortunately for O2 on this occasion, as I've already started the port to Vodafone.

Maybe in 12 months time I'll give them another try...

Message 15 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK guys, I may have a problem. O2 have not only taken an initial £21.93 from my account. I’ve now just had an email through stating my next bill (!) will be for £179.43!!!!!
Anyone got any idea what the hell is going on? As above, I used my PAC code to leave O2 within I guess 5 or 6 days of activating my number and porting across into O2.
Message 16 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry meant to add, so I was well within the 14 day “Change your mind” timeframe.
Message 17 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123114 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@joenitro 

We have no access to any account on here. Sorry.

You need to contact O2. All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Best number to call is 0800 587 4005

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 18