cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to o2 on Monday. Activated Wi-fi calling online, but can’t activate on my iPhone

joenitro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi all,

Joined O2 on Monday with a SIM Only deal and moved my EE number to them yesterday. Calls, texts and mobile data working fine. My issue is that even though I’ve logged in to MyO2 and turned on Wi-fi calling, I cannot activate it on my iPhone 11 Pro. I always get the message to contact O2 to activate it. This is the same with trying to turn VoLTE on as well. It won’t work.
I’ve tried a network reset on the iPhone. It it hasn’t made a difference. Tried activating it when on mobile data and also my home Wi-fi but still won’t allow it.
Calling 202 won’t let me speak to anyone at the moment. Is there anything else I can try?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@joenitro 

Numbers to try here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

The best number to call on appears to be 0800 587 4005

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
OK thank you, I’ll give that a try soon.
Message 3 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So I called and got straight through (thanks MI5!!). They said my account “looks fine” and they can see Wi-fi calling is activated.
I was told that because port only went through the day before, it can take some time to fully update their system. And he couldn’t give me a timescale on how long...
Does this sound normal? I can wait a few days but I have absolutely no signal in my house, hence needing the Wi-fi calling.
Message 4 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@joenitro 

I'd give it 48 hours max.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah that's what I'm thinking.  Seems a bit weird. I'll try a few times tomorrow to turn it on and if no good, I'll call them again on Friday I guess

Message 6 of 18

GMF
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I think I'm having this exact issue too.  (My port in was from Vodafone though)

Message 7 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi GMF, yeah I just saw your post as well 🙂
Quite annoying. @MI5 posted about what device shows up on MYO2 website and I’m the same as you - below my mobile number is “set a device name” and the pencil icon. Nothing about an iPhone there at all. Hmmmm
Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@joenitro @GMF 

It seems to be taking a long time for your MyO2 to update at the moment.

Might be worth you both calling customer service to set a device to your account.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

joenitro
  • 11 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well,  I spent 2h 20m on live chat to CS this afternoon. Went through loads of things and then got transferred to the "technical team". A few more questions and resets which made no difference.

As I'm obviously in the Change-Your-Mind period, I requested (and received) my PAC and I'm off to Vodafone -  60GB for £11.67 per month after auto cashback!   Praying they can get wifi calling working once I port over to them!!

One question though, I've got my PAC through via text straight away, but it also says "If you're on SIM only, you'll need to call us before we can process your switching request"      Anybody know exactly why this is?    If it's a ploy to try to get retentions to keep me, I'll be thoroughly annoyed...

Message 10 of 18