cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Italy, can I carry on with my contract?

GCSUAREZ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started a 24-month contract with O2 in December 2016, and in October 2017 I ended up moving to Italy (not something I had planned for a long time otherwise I wouldn't have taken out the econtract!). I have been using my UK phone here all the time, because obviously now roaming is free in Europe - so I use my phone for everything except normal texts and calls (for which I use whatsapp). I have also bought a cheap phone with an Italian number for if I need to make a normal call or text. 

My question is, is it possible to change my address/billing address/card details/everything to my new address here in Italy? 

Thank you!

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
The free roaming in Europe is intended for holidays only and not permanent use.
The T&C's limit it so it's unlikely that you will be allowed to continue using it indefinitely.

"What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services outside of our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 60 or more days in any four month period this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services."

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
The free roaming in Europe is intended for holidays only and not permanent use.
The T&C's limit it so it's unlikely that you will be allowed to continue using it indefinitely.

"What to avoid: Using our services for the first time outside of the UK, using a large volume of your allowance (be that text, calls or data) in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK), or using our services outside of our Europe Zone (excluding the UK) for prolonged periods which don’t follow reasonable consumer holiday and travel patterns and behaviour. If you use our services outside the UK in our Europe Zone for 60 or more days in any four month period this is likely to be deemed to be an unfair use of our services."

https://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/o2-consumer-fair-usage-policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2