cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved to Australia - How do I cancel my contract?

Moved_To_Oz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Everyone,

I have recently moved to Australia for at least the next 4 years. I have an O2 refresh contract that was completed about 7 months ago so is just rolling over.

I cannot cancel my contract on the App, there is no longer email support and due to the time difference the live chat and the phone calls will be extortionate.

Does anyone have an easier solution or am I is live chat the only way?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Moved_To_Oz Please see this link on the ways to cancel. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774 You need to give 30 days notice. If your contract is paid for by Direct Debit, leave it in place until you are certain the contract is canceled and your bill is zero. You don't want to return in four year's time to a negative mark on your credit rating.

As you're still in contract you can call customer service for free on +44 3448090202 using your O2 sim in your phone. You'll just have to sort out the time difference as to when you can call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Moved_To_Oz Please see this link on the ways to cancel. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774 You need to give 30 days notice. If your contract is paid for by Direct Debit, leave it in place until you are certain the contract is canceled and your bill is zero. You don't want to return in four year's time to a negative mark on your credit rating.

As you're still in contract you can call customer service for free on +44 3448090202 using your O2 sim in your phone. You'll just have to sort out the time difference as to when you can call.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Moved_To_Oz
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the advice, very much appreciated.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

You're very welcome. Good luck, and let us know how you got on. It may be of help to someone else somewhere down the road.:smileywink:

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4