Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moved from giffgaff to o2 pay monthly - iPhone 12

ewieteska
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went into store last week, signed up for a pay monthly sim plan, the store adviser helped me to get a PAC code from giffgaff said once my current SIM goes offline, switch to the new o2 sim. 

This happened today - I have no service on my giffgaff sim, so I removed the giffgaff SIM and replaced it with the new o2 sim. 

Nothing is happening, nothing is working, the SIM isn't even being recognised. 

Please can someone help. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Had you used the sim before using the PAC?

You've checked that the sim is inserted correctly @ewieteska (sorry, got to check)?

Have you got another phone you can try the sim in, or another sim to try in your phone? That would rule out phone or sim issues.

If not, you can contact customer services to request a replacement in case the one you had is faulty.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 9

ewieteska
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The giffgaff one I had used for 2 years, I only inserted the new o2 sim for the first time today, and I had no need to use it until I thought the process was complete.

Sim is inserted correctly (triple checked) giffgaff one is recognised when I try to reinsert that one, although no service of course. I assume the sim is faulty in that case. Super inconvenient but I'll probably have to go into store for a quick resolve. 

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 9

gmarkj
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Popping in store is the quickest way to get it sorted @ewieteska - just remember to take some photo ID with you!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94090 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 5 of 9

ewieteska
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yeah I have been doing. 

Update as follows 

Went into o2 Trafford 

Adviser contacted CS and told me port was pending still that’s why it’s not working 

I asked why the temporary number wasn’t working then? Surely that should be working until the port is complete. 
She asked CS. Temp number deactivated as should have ported my old number by now. 

I’m to give it till 6pm (and then what I don’t know)

16:17

not convinced 

Message 6 of 9

gmarkj
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Yeah sounds a little odd to me too @ewieteska 

The temporary number should be on the sim and it should be connecting to the network until your number moves over. But there should be a connection regardless of the number.

If it's not working in the morning then you might need another sim as it seems as though the one you have is faulty...

Message 7 of 9

ewieteska
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Went back to store. Proven to be faulty. Nothing they can do though until 24 hours have passed after porting. Hopefully lunch time! New sim. Finally. 

Message 8 of 9

gmarkj
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

I suppose they don't want a sim swap to interfere with the porting as losing the number altogether would only be adding to the problems!

At least you got it confirmed @ewieteska and fingers crossed once the port is done you are working soon.

Message 9 of 9