cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moto G 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I put my Moto G 3 handset in for repair some six months after upgrading it, it came back within the week, fantastic thank you.

However the letter enclosed with it claimed the handset had been replaced, which may or may not be a lie, as on the box it stated that the only thing that had been replaced was a ''board''??

I didn't think much of it to be honest as the phone was functioning as it should and wasn't constantly rebooting itself or freezing, which is what it was sent away for.

However, something is clearly not right, as when it tells me there is a software upgrade available, it's in German?

Not only that the handset has once again resorted to rebooting itself, sometimes twice a day , Having only had the handset back some six weeks(?) it freezes, then the screen goes blank, then up pops a red screen with the words 'Watchdog reset detected' and the date, and it runs through a reboot self check.

I'm going to be taking the handset back to the store for repair again, however, there is obviously a fault with the handset, can it be replaced completely instead of claiming it has been when it hasn't.

I am mindful of 3 mobile intending to buy out O2, please don't allow their shocking customer service to seep into O2 already!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 will attempt to repair the same fault 3 times before they will consider replacing the handset, so it will have to be inspected again to see if it is the same issue causing it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Received a text from O2 this AM stating that '' Sorry the problem with your phone isn't covered by the warranty blah blah blah''

Just wondering what the letter with my 'options' actually contains?

If it involves O2 admonishing themselves, then clearly this contract is going to come to a very abrupt end, and I'll be voting with my feet.

Not quite sure how they think that by them replacing a faulty board, with another faulty board, doesn't fall under their remit to repair?

Come on O2, don't fall into Hutchinson 3G's bad habits already!

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
PS. Three have been blocked from buying O2 but it probably won't help with the insular apathy !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Didn't know that, although just heard it on the news now! Cheers.
Message 5 of 5