cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moorcroft debt

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a demand for £15.20 when contract finished and ended 6 months ago ?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous you had an outstanding balance which you haven't paid, usually because you cancelled your DD too early.

You will need to talk to Moorcroft now to pay the bill but you'll have a default on your credit file for the next 6 years.

As you are not talking to O2 here you should contact them directly for any further confirmation http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous you had an outstanding balance which you haven't paid, usually because you cancelled your DD too early.

You will need to talk to Moorcroft now to pay the bill but you'll have a default on your credit file for the next 6 years.

As you are not talking to O2 here you should contact them directly for any further confirmation http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Pay Moorcroft and then add a note to your credit file advising and explaining the oversight and that the debt has now been cleared. You need to write to all the credit reference companies and whilst this won't remove the marker, any company or utility will see the advisory note if you apply for credit with any of them. 

Message 3 of 4

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You could try and have moorcroft remove the default if you pay, i know some say this cant be done, but i have personally had one removed for my father who did the same as you grin
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 4