Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly tariff gone out after contract ended

Jayne17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I ended my contract at the end of the 2 year period and a monthly payment has just been taken . Am I right to think that we pay at the beginning of the month ( so a month in hand) and not at the end? So,the 25th monthly payment should nt have been taken on a 24month contract 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Jayne17 

It sounds like your cancellation has gone through as your O2 SIM stopped working and your number is in use with your new provider.

However, you might want to call Customer Services on 202 in order to get firm confirmation. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6610 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Have you actually cancelled your contract?

If not it will move to 30 day rolling until you do.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 10

CarlySadler
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - When you cancel should you get a confirmation email to advise its been cancelled I have no faith in o2 customer service team at all that my contract has definitely been cancelled and I wont receive further bills or advising I have missed payments I do no want my credit score affecting so worrying all this 

Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CarlySadler 

Leave your direct debit in place until O2 take the final payment.

You will know if it's cancelled by checking your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

CarlySadler
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for your quick response - I will defintely leave my DD in place. I have just tried to access my O2 app on old contract number and cant get in so assuming they have cancelled. I had already given my 30 days but have gone around in circles they kept saying cancelled then when I call back its still active - spoke to someone today who said its cancelled and I should get an email, not sure what the actual process is, I would have preferred something in writing from them to confirm 

Message 5 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@CarlySadler 

You could also try accessing MyO2 using the link at the top of this page. The failure to access via the MyO2 app sounds promising, but there could be other reasons why the MyO2 app is not working - as evidenced by the multitude of posts on this very subject. 

Message 6 of 10

CarlySadler
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the response I was able to register online using my new pay as go sim  , I just couldnt access using my old contract number. I f I need to check everything like my final bill for old contract unsure how I would be able to do this apart from calling their customer service department - going through mortgage app and hoping and praying this is sorted and wont cause me issues like I have seen over and over again on social media platforms

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144417 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@CarlySadler 

Safest way would be to call O2.

You can get in touch with Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217.
Payment Management opening hours:
Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm
Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 10

Jayne17
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply , I got a pac number and am using that now with a new provider ( my o2 sim did stop working) 

I phoned them about them taking another month and they said that was for the previous month which does nt seem right?! 
I’ve heard nothing from them about my cancellation??

Message 9 of 10

Oxonian
  • 5725 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Jayne17 

It sounds like your cancellation has gone through as your O2 SIM stopped working and your number is in use with your new provider.

However, you might want to call Customer Services on 202 in order to get firm confirmation. 

Message 10 of 10