cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly Rolling Plan / Chances of getting my number back / reactivating with the O2???

Aldi1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Community!

This is my cry for help! 

I'm a former Virgin Mobile customer recently transferred to O2 until now with monthly rolling plan. 

Due to difficulties with settling payment on time; missed regular payment, then unsuccessful attempt to pay it off on 29th November - due to fault with phone system within customer service at the time, and my later travel abroad. I have once again tried to pay the outstanding balance upon my return, however, was told the debt was sent to the debt collection agency. 

I have contacted the debt collection agency the following day to settle the debt (£17.15) and have approached the O2 CS team about getting my number reactivated. 

I have been told a many different opinions by different CS agents and I feel like I'm hitting a wall.

Once I have been told that my number is still with O2 and once the balance is cleared off, I should be able to reactivate my number as apparently if done within 30 days after disconnection there shouldn't be a problem of retrieving the number back. 

I have settled the balance with the debt agency - who mentioned this in the notes and have closed my account with them, providing me with relevant reference number. 

I have then contacted the O2 back again and was told that by adding charge of £15 reactivation fee to the account I will be able to have the number back in my name. I was then passed to the next advisor to complete the process, however than I was told that this is not possible. As due to the fact that the debt has been settled with debt collection agency not with O2 - technically I still owe the O2 the money (as DBA have not paid the O2 yet). 

Is there any possibility of getting the number assign to my name at least as PAYG rather than rolling plan?

Thank you in advance for any advice.... 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146961 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28263 Solutions

@Aldi1 

Keep chasing both parties to get the money transferred then number reconnected.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do from here, sorry.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10633 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Aldi1 

What usually happens is the DCA will charge you the £15 reconnection fee, and o2 are under no obligation to reconnect you once it gets passed to the DCA, they may also require a deposit to reconnect you. 

I would try a complaint o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

But I wouldn't hold too much hope

This was sat on my screen before I got distracted...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 3