Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's
Anonymous

Monthly Allowance

Hi, and thanks for any help in advance.

I recently purchased a simplicity SIM only, on a monthly contract.

With this I got;

You're on a simplicity SIM only tariff for £19.58 a month*, giving you:
. 600 minutes to call any standard UK mobile or standard UK landline (starting 01,02,03) anytime
. 1200 UK text messages
. Web Daily - you'll not be charged more than 98p a day for mobile internet use
. International Traveller Service (reduces the cost of International calls) and free access to Voicemail (in UK only)
. You've chosen Unlimited texts as part of your plan: as many texts as you like to anyone, on any UK network**

So according to this, and the contract i chose, i should have 600 Minutes call time and 1200 UK Text Messages. However, when i view the o2 Page "Monthly Allowance", it says that I have 600 minutes allowance and 1200 UK text message allowance, but on the available this month section, for both, it says only "60:00". I have attached an image of this below;

I would just like an understanding of what this means, what the difference is and if there is a problem; how to resolve it.

Thanks for any help, Emily.
Topics: 547
Solutions: 3,426

Monthly Allowance

It will probably be pro-rata as the contract billing date won't be the date you took out the contract.Send a blank text to 21202 and this will give you your remaining allowance and also the billing date.
Hope this helps
Anonymous

Monthly Allowance

Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

I tried that, and it sends me the same information as the print screen above. So the problem is there. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix it, thanks Smiley Happy

Emily,x.

Monthly Allowance

It should tell you how many minutes and texts you have until a certain date and the date stated will be when you get your full allowance.
Anonymous

Monthly Allowance

You're getting a 10th of your contracted minutes and texts, because your first "month" last only 3 days. This is to give o2 time to update their billing records.

You'll find in 3 days time you'll get your full allowance which will last a full month and the same from then on.

This pro rata allowance happens often at the start of a new contract.

SV
Anonymous

Monthly Allowance

Thanks Steve Smiley Happy

Says 4/4, so thats Sunday. Guess it will update then. Thanks again.
Highlighted

Monthly Allowance