Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Money back with 02 ?

I have a nokia 5220 expressmusic which is not covered under manufacturer's guarntee because i've had it for over a year now.
Today, I had to take this phone back and I wanted my money back for it because I rather spend my weekend doing other things than going to 02 with the same problem. The manager said that I can't because they can only repair it and then i might get a refub phone.
I was wondering if there was some sort of way I could get my money refunded for this phone.
The manager even gaved £25 towards petrol after my dad mentioned that he will not be travelling all the time because they cant do the job properly.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Money back with 02 ?

It may be me, but that doesn't make much sense. Can you explain in more detail?
Highlighted
Anonymous

It's not just you prking! Why would you think you would get your money back if it's more than a year old and has no warranty left. If the store manager gave you anything I would have been amazed.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The phone wasn't over the guarantee when it was first faulty.
They sent it off for repair and that came with 90days guarantee and the phone keeps becoming faulty just before the 90days end.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well, someone may correct me but I believe that after 3 or may be 4 repair returns they will give you a new equivelant phone so why didn't you choose something else?
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881

[ Edited ]

I think your only option would be to make an official complaint.
This is normally 5-7 working days before they respond.
Complaint Review Service
Read the document here.
and write with your complaint to :

complaintreviewservice@o2.com

Tell them: 
• Your name and address 
• Your mobile and account numbers 
• A daytime phone number 
• A suggestion of how they can put things right 

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

Highlighted
Anonymous

You should all note that the OP has edited their post several times to add more detail. The first attempt was a couple of incoherent sentences. Its a bit naughty to go back and completely rewrite the post!
Not that it still makes sense because Nokia handsets have a two year guarantee. In another thread the OP said the fault was that the phone won't tether, which is of course against the terms and conditions anyway.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I don't think that there needs to be an official complaint, the OP just needs to be clearer and try to understand the situation.
Highlighted
Anonymous

You requested me to add more info.
And after going on Nokia's website, I know they have a two year guarantee. But, when I was in the 02 store, they told me it's covered for one year only.
Highlighted
Topics: 573
Solutions: 3,881