Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile wifi

Mazza
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I bought a mobile hotspot and pay for airtime monthly. When purchased I told shop staff I needed it for weekends away in wales and was told that mast close by so no problems. However I get absolutely no internet access at all. I’ve now had for 4 months and at end of every month have about 35 out of 36gb left and it’s costing me nearly £20 a month. I contacted o2 the other day and was told it would cost £300+ to end contract! Told them that doesn’t make sense as not even that amount left to pay and they hung up on me. Not sure where to go from here. I really feel I was mis-sold this item
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can check here for any issues or expected coverage http://status.o2.co.uk/ but now you have gone past 14 days you are liable for the entire contract.
Your early cancellation cost is the number of moths remaining multiplied by the monthly cost, less vat unless it is on refresh, in which case you just need to buy the device and give 30 days notice.
You can then get the device unlocked and get a sim from another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
You can check here for any issues or expected coverage http://status.o2.co.uk/ but now you have gone past 14 days you are liable for the entire contract.
Your early cancellation cost is the number of moths remaining multiplied by the monthly cost, less vat unless it is on refresh, in which case you just need to buy the device and give 30 days notice.
You can then get the device unlocked and get a sim from another network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23044 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3669 Solutions

@Mazza  If your service has been bad from the outset, you can lodge a formal complaint: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain Many people have found Resolver useful within that link. No harm in trying to at least get some compensation.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Sorry to hear about your trouble with the internet access @Mazza . 😞 Have you ruled out any settings issue etc. that might be causing the problem, or as mentioned above is it related to a coverage issue? If you feel stuck with this, I'm happy to try to get someone to have a look at this for you on my end as well.

Message 4 of 4