cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile hotspot in iphone 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been using my Samsung s6 and the s8 Asa mobile hotspot for years now that I switched my sim to my daughters old iPhone 6 after I get her the new 8 plus I keep getting redirected to o2 website for help but there's no help there. How can I activate it on my iPhone so I don't have to keep switching back to NY Sammy. Thanks in advance for ur help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Firstly, let me say I'm no expert on iPhones, never having owned one. However, on doing a Google search, I found the following information for the iPhone 6 which I hope sorts out your problem:

• From the home screen tap settings
• Tap cellular
• Tap personal hotspot
• Slide the switch to on to enable
• Tap Wifi password
• Enter password then tap done.

The personal hotspot is now active allowing several devices to connect using wifi.

Hope the above helps but if you still are having problems please do come back where one of our members who use an iphone can assist you and welcome to the forum.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
The apn settings will be wrong for an iPhone on your account as they are different for Samsung phones.
Call customer service and ask them to change your data to idata for iPhones then wait 24 hours for it to activate and turn your phone off and back on again.
Hotspot should then work fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Good evening @Anonymous, how are you doing today with your iPhone 6? Any progress with the hotspot issue? Please do let us know. slight_smile

Message 4 of 4